Thursday, April 19, 2012

If looks could kill

The kids got their pictures taken at school.  The pictures were done over 2 days and somehow my kids got theirs done both days so I have lots to pick from.  The fact that they were done both days is a good thing because I forgot about pictures and the first day I dressed them for comfort not cuteness.  They looked borderline homeless.  Potty Mouth's outfit resembled pajamas and Jackson was wearing pants that were way too long so they were rolled up and he had a faded Rangers t-shirt on.  The next day I made sure they looked presentable and we got some super cute pictures.  Anyway, back on track.  PM apparently wasn't very into getting her pictures on the first day and this is what I got.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a little baby mug shot.  Is it not?  Maybe she was just unhappy about getting her pictures taken in that outfit, but I don't think so.  For what other reasons could an 18 month old have a mugshot?  It very well could have been a DUI for getting sauced off of hand sanitizer and driving her John Deer ATV around and possible swearing at law enforcement when they pulled her over (if that statement confuses you then read more about that here).  It may have been an assault and battery charge for the way she beats up her big brothers--that may actually be domestic disturbance since they live together, not sure.  Maybe it was for playing her music too loud and then "resisting arrest" aka refusing to sit in think time (time out) when told.  That one is not unreasonable because right now, PM and Jackson's favorite song is Drink in my Hand (I'm not even kidding and the irony isn't lost on me) by Eric Church and they like to play it loud and they dance and Jackson sings the words.  And she regularly refuses to sit in think time. 
As I said we did get some cute pictures, and here are a couple of them.




My stepson, Dominick, is in 1st grade.  He is a little socialite.  He gets in some trouble for too much talking in class.  When his teacher leaves notes that he is a joy to have in class, but needs to talk to his friends less (or things like that) John makes him write sentences.  It started with the standard "I will not talk in class" and each time he had to do it, the number he had to write increased.  I believe that it began with 10 and it increases by 10 for each offense.  Once he hit a certain number, the length of the sentence started getting longer.  Recently he was in trouble for whistling in class, yes whistling.  Not once, but twice in the same day.  I will inform you that his whistling is BAD.  He is just learning and I'm not sure it can even really be categorized as a whistle.  Anyway, he was "whistling" in class and was told to stop, twice.  When he asked him why he would think it was ok to do that, he said that he just learned how to whistle and it's so cool and he wanted to practice.  And he had no answer to why he would "practice" during class and then do it a second time.  What is even better is that his teacher didn't note that it was twice, but Dominick told on himself because John was using his dad voice and as we've discussed before, Dom doesn't do well with the dad voice (read more about that here).  So he had to write the sentence "I, Dominick Jones, will not disrupt class and will do what I'm told the first time."  So when I got home and asked him why he was writing sentences and he told me all about it.  And he was so cute because Dominick, always the optimist, was excited that John cut the number of sentences he had to write in half because he told the truth, not even realizing that he totally told on himself.

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Vetorri is pure AWESOMENESS!! Yes, totally looks like a baby mug shot! Jackson and Vetorri together are SO stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete